Blackwood, Caerphilly
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Update by user May 07, 2016

Avoid - best to use a high street retailer and get that peace of mind reassurance, that comes with being so up front.

Original review posted by user May 06, 2016

Were looking to update our shabby looking kitchen (12 years old with usual wear and tear, discolouration and peeling cabinets x 3). Had a good check on the internet and came across Kitchen Magic. Salesman "smooth" and eventually settled on £4000.00 worth of replacement doors and drawer fronts. "Measure twice" heard a lot from both Salesman and Surveyor.

Workman turned up 2 weeks later to carry out work. Efficient. Doors removed etc. Halfway through installation of doors and drawers, he discovered that 3 doors and 1 drawer front were missing, along with some brackets. He phoned the workshop and told us that there had been a "power cut" the night before and they had not been put on for delivery! Said we could maybe look at completion in 4 or 5 days time. Rang them after this time and advised it would be another 7 days time, "machine had broken down". Booked time off for today 06/05/16 and received a phone call at 08.26am saying they couldn't do it today "fitter off sick and has been since Tuesday". According to the original fitter, they have a lot of trouble with "sick" staff - deal with it.

Aside from the fact the kitchen looks ugly with these missing fronts, and there have been screws falling out regularly, the other issue I have is quality. When the salesman was here, the style we opted for was so smooth "double wrapped" that you were unable to tell the front of the cupboard to the back of the cupboard. What they have supplied is fine on the front but feels like 120 grit sandpaper on the inside of the cupboards and drawers and that includes the edges, so like me, you will probably find yourself with countless nicks and cuts.

Overall feel conned, the quality is nowhere near that we received from B&Q 12 years ago and I feel more confident that I would have received a better service, price, delivery and product from one of the many high street alternatives, after all it was literally just replacing doors and drawer fronts.

Possibly corporate cowboys and have just been reading up on my consumer rights, and they seem to have updated their ideas on things like this, and I may have more options than just being miserable on this one.

Let's see what next Friday brings, with "promises" of work being completed then 13/05/16 - don't even say it!!!!

Pictures not brilliant, but missing pan cupboard door above oven, cooker hood false door, kitchen spice door, placemat drawer front, and not shown, corner hinges on right hand cupboard, so drawer has to be opened very very carefully. And all this after two "measure measure measure" assurances. Don't they check the pallets before they send them out?

Avoid

Review about: Kitchen Magic Uk Kitchen Door Fronts Replacement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Smooth salesman.

I didn't like: Rubbish product.

Had an Experience with Kitchen Magic Uk?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion