Update added by user May 07
Avoid - best to use a high street retailer and get that peace of mind reassurance, that comes with being so up front.
Original review posted by user May 06
Were looking to update our shabby looking kitchen (12 years old with usual wear and tear, discolouration and peeling cabinets x 3). Had a good check on the internet and came across Kitchen Magic. Salesman "smooth" and eventually settled on £4000.00 worth of replacement doors and drawer fronts. "Measure twice" heard a lot from both Salesman and Surveyor.
Workman turned up 2 weeks later to carry out work. Efficient. Doors removed etc. Halfway through installation of doors and drawers, he discovered that 3 doors and 1 drawer front were missing, along with some brackets. He phoned the workshop and told us that there had been a "power cut" the night before and they had not been put on for delivery! Said we could maybe look at completion in 4 or 5 days time. Rang them after this time and advised it would be another 7 days time, "machine had broken down". Booked time off for today 06/05/16 and received a phone call at 08.26am saying they couldn't do it today "fitter off sick and has been since Tuesday". According to the original fitter, they have a lot of trouble with "sick" staff - deal with it.
Aside from the fact the kitchen looks ugly with these missing fronts, and there have been screws falling out regularly, the other issue I have is quality. When the salesman was here, the style we opted for was so smooth "double wrapped" that you were unable to tell the front of the cupboard to the back of the cupboard. What they have supplied is fine on the front but feels like 120 grit sandpaper on the inside of the cupboards and drawers and that includes the edges, so like me, you will probably find yourself with countless nicks and cuts.
Overall feel conned, the quality is nowhere near that we received from B&Q 12 years ago and I feel more confident that I would have received a better service, price, delivery and product from one of the many high street alternatives, after all it was literally just replacing doors and drawer fronts.
Possibly corporate cowboys and have just been reading up on my consumer rights, and they seem to have updated their ideas on things like this, and I may have more options than just being miserable on this one.
Let's see what next Friday brings, with "promises" of work being completed then 13/05/16 - don't even say it!!!!
Pictures not brilliant, but missing pan cupboard door above oven, cooker hood false door, kitchen spice door, placemat drawer front, and not shown, corner hinges on right hand cupboard, so drawer has to be opened very very carefully. And all this after two "measure measure measure" assurances. Don't they check the pallets before they send them out?
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Smooth salesman
What I disliked
- Rubbish product
You May Also Like
- "I'd like to caution any fellow Home Depot customers having issues with flooring installation or considering Home Depot for flooring. My ordeal began in early December 2014 and resolved with..."
- "Update Jan 12, 2016: Sean the salesman has yet to this day ever call me back (POS). On Jan 11th, I spoke with JT (customer service) and told her not..."
- "Contact Empire and they had a sales rep out the next day (Saturday). He arrived on time, was polite, took measurements, selected the laminate floor, and received a price quote..."
- "Were looking to update our shabby looking kitchen (12 years old with usual wear and tear, discolouration and peeling cabinets x 3). Had a good check on the internet and..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."